Saturday 9 March 2013

Crochet Owl Phone Case


A fun and funky way to keep your phone scratch free!











As nearly all of us are using touch screen phones these days its important to have a way to keep them safe. Rather than a boring shop bought cover I wanted to make something a bit different to keep my phone nice and stylishly (well, in my opinion) safe.

I'd had a bit of a pinterest search for some inspiration, and as I'm having a bit f an owl craze at the moment I decided to make a little green owl case for my phone (as I think mentally I'm still about 12). It's a relatively easy pattern and I did this in one evening.


I used normal double ply yarn in green, with a bit of yellow for the wings and the beak, with a little bit of orange for the end of the beak. I also used medium black and small white buttons for the eyes and a little bronzed button to keep the cover down. I used a 4mm hook and a yarn needle to sew it all together.
Step one - chain 16 ( or as long as you need to cover one side of your phone)
Step two - chain two and sc into the third chain from hook. Sc to end of row and turn.
Repeat for another 20 rows.

Step three - Repeat steps one and two until you have two sides of the main body of the case. On the current side you're working on, change colour and repeat sc into each chain for one row.
Step four -To start decreasing, decrease sc into the 1st and last chains of the next row. Repeat this for another 4 rows. Change colour to orange and repeat step four until it comes to a point. 
Step five - For the wings, chain 10 in the yellow yarn. Chain another 2 and sc into the 3rd chain from hook. Sc into each chain along and turn. Chain another 2 and sc decrease into each chain along. Repeat for another two rows. I then slip stitched along the edge of the wing to smooth the shape so you get a semi-circle. Repeat for another wing and sew onto the front side of your case.

Step six - sew your buttons onto the front of your case - make sure you take into account where your flap will sit so the eyes are either side of the beak.

Step seven - sew the 2 sides of the case together, and voila! A completed owl phone case.





No comments:

Post a Comment