Thursday 18 October 2012

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon and Ginger Cake

Chocolatey cinnamony cakey goodness :)


It's been another one of those chilly, wet, English evenings, and I've had the place to myself. I've got a cold coming on and was feeling glum about opening the cupboard and finding nothing exciting there. So I thought I'd throw some ingredients in a bowl, stir them up, bake them, and see what happened. And it didn't go too badly! Here's what I used:

110g self-raising flour

110g brown sugar
110g butter (or marg)
2 free-range eggs (always free range :) )
1 tspn of baking soda
1 tspn of cinnamon
1/2 tspn of ground ginger
1 shake of nutmeg
A liberal shaking of chocolate chips

And here's what I did:


. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees

. Sieve in flour, add all other ingredients and go stir crazy until you've got a nice smooth cake mix
. Throw in the chocolate chips and mix in
. Pour mixture into an oven friendly cake tin and bake for around 20-25 minutes 
. Remove and allow to cool (if you can wait that long!)

And voila! Not a difficult one (my food recipes never are) and pretty quick. Sadly I don't have a photo as it was eaten before I could get to it with a camera! But I'm sure your imagination can take you there.


Enjoy!


Emma :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment