Wednesday 10 October 2012

A Green and Pleasant Land

Scenes of Britain.


As a born and bred British girl, suffice to say I'm extremely proud of our beautiful little country. For such a small area we have such a diverse selection of landscapes and scenery, and I've been lucky enough to visit and live in some of the most beautiful parts of the country. You'll find below a small selection of photographs depicting some of Britain's finest treasures. I hope my photo's go some way to doing these places justice and encourage you all to go out and explore our beautiful little nation yourself!


. Countisbury, near Lynton, North Devon

I may be biased, but as a Devonshire girl I think you'd have to go a long way to beat the beauty of Countisbury and it's surrounding area. It boasts high hills, deep valleys, rivers, woodland, hundreds of different types of flora and fauna, and of course, striking views. Many days out when at home are spent out here!



. Whitby, North Yorkshire

Whitby is a beautiful little historic fishing village on the coast of the North York Moors. Whilst its now a big tourist attraction, it still boasts lovely little winding streets, striking ruins of an abbey, a pier which has featured numerous times in 'Heartbeat', and bloody good fish and chips! Whitby is close to my heart as it is the place where my boyfriend and I always go together to escape the city and want to head to the seaside. If you ever get the chance to visit, you should.





.Rosedale, North York Moors


. When out for a weekend away, my boyfriend and I discovered the rural beauty of Rosedale, situated in the heart of the North York Moors. Not a noise to be heard apart from the calls of birds and the rush of the river in the valley; it's the perfect rural retreat. Brilliant walking territory and nothing quite beats returning to a log fire in a little cottage after exploring such beautiful countryside (I know, disgustingly quaint!).




.Exmoor, Devon and Somerset

Exmoor is an incredibly diverse National Park, containing rugged moorland, stunning coastlines, wooded valleys and beautiful river ways.



. Harlech Castle, Wales
Although not a frequent visitor to Wales, on the few occasions I have been I've been bowled over by the landscape of Wales. There is such a strong essence of romantic mysticism apparent in the misty mountain passes and ancient woodland. Even the traditionally bad Welsh weather doesn't detract from it's rugged beauty, it only enhances it. 




I hope I've done a bit to encourage you to get your walking boots on and get out to discover what rural Britain has to offer. It just shows to don't have to go far to find natural beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment