Tuesday 11 December 2012

Chunky Crochet Cowl

A thick chunky cowl to keep you warm through the winter months.











I don't know how it is where you are, but in York at the moment it's extremely chilly! This next project is something I decided to keep all to myself to keep me nice and warm (and a girl can never have too many scarves!)

This is a fairly easy project and you'll only need to following stitches:


. Single crochet (sc)

. Double crochet (dc)
. Slip stitch (sl st)

For this cowl I used a chunky cream yarn (2 balls) and a 5mm crochet hook as I wanted a nice thick piece. It is worked in the round and so if necessary you may want to use some stitch markers to keep mark of the seam.


Step One . Begin by chaining 150 (amend according to your preferred length). Sl st together to form a ring.

Step Two . Sc into each chain. Sl st into 1st stitch.
Step Three . Chain 2. Skip 1 chain and dc into next chain. Dc around the post of the previous dc. Skip next chain and repeat the dc step to the end of the row. Sl st together.
. Repeat steps two and three until your cowl is the desired length.

There you have it. A quick easy pattern to keep your neck nice and warm! (I suppose if you were feeling charitable you could make one as a gift as well. :p)


Enjoy!


Emma :) xx




No comments:

Post a Comment